A JSG always loves fashion! And here are a few of the things we're most excited about this NYC fashion week—all of which are available to the general public:
• Celeb spotting A plus side to the writers' strike is that the shows and parties are predicted to be teaming with celebs. Celebrity and fashion go hand in hand and the red carpet starved celebs are said to be anxious to lend a hand to Marc, Michael, Diane and more. Keep your eye out for Lindsey Lohan, Jessica Simpson and Demi Moore around NYC this week.
•Since we already fessed up that we’re Posh fans, you won’t be surprised to hear that we can’t wait for the new Victoria Beckham-Marc Jacobs T. The shirt which features Posh in the buff benefits the Interdisciplinary Melanoma Cooperative Group to help raise skin cancer awarness. We love that the perma-tanned Posh is supporting safe sunning--let's hope she only self tans. (OK, it doesn’t really have anything to do with fashion week, but Posh is still fab and we wanted an excuse to run a pick of David Beckham!)
The $35 tee is set to go on sale this week at Marc Jacobs’ boutiques.
• 50 Years of Italian Style This exhibit of photos from Italian Vogue promises to be over the top—just like the best Italian fashion should be. It’s at gallery Twelve 21, West 21st Street between 5th and 6th and is open February 2-4. Admission is free.
• The opening of the new Gucci store on Fifth Avenue on February 8. It promises to have great window shoppping, plus we adore the Gucci Loves NY website that highlights the creative director and CEO of Gucci's fave New York haunts. Try seeing how many you can guess from the artistically angled photos.
• Taking a ride in a K-Y Love car. Everyone’s favorite lube is offering free rides to stranded fashionistas anywhere in Manhattan. Look for the cars to be circling Bryant Park. Sample lbue is included!
• Drinking lots of Bawls—an energy drink and one of fashion week’s official sponsors. If just saying the name doesn’t make it reason enough to drink it, it’s also loaded with guarana, a natural source of caffeine. When we were in Brazil a few years ago, we lived on the Antarctica Guarana soda. This will be a must for fashionistas on the go—and it sure beats the South Beach Diet bars they had a few seasons back!