Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Peek Inside Lisa Kasanicky's Carry On Bag


Lisa Kasanicky, author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Girlfriend Getaways and founder of Arizona Spa Girls, is a girl after our own heart. Not only does she like traveling with her girlfriends as much as we do, she shares our obsession with lip balm, dry shampoo and Trader Joe's Thai Chili Lime Cashews!

Lisa's last trip was to her home town of Orlando, Florida, which she says was "a whirlwind of family, friends and one spectacular day boating along the Gulf Coast of Sarasota and digging out live sand dollars from the sand with our toes (and throwing them back in of course!). Next up is a road trip to Sedona, Arizona with the girls. Can't wait!

"


This Beach N Bag tote in pink becomes my purse when I fly. It's not super sexy but practical. It's roomy enough for my travel notebook, gadgets, books and snacks and I don't have to dig around to find everything. It has zippered pockets for personal items and two pockets perfect for my phone and camera.

What do I have inside? The short answer is I always travel with lots and lots of beauty stuff! As much as I can possibly cram into my little 1-quart Ziploc bag! Because I'm smack in the middle of the driest and hottest part of the country, I'm usually heading somewhere with humidity, which freaks out my hair and skin.

Must-have carry-on items:

My moisturizer is Bliss triple oxygen+c energizing cream: I smear on a generous dose of this creamsicle-smelling gel on the morning I fly. It's lightweight yet somehow delivers just the right amount of moisturizer to keep skin from crinkling up in the plane.

Lip Balm
If I had to pick just one (I have about 17 currently in use), it would be LATHER lip protector SPF 15 in spearmint and tea tree.

Oh, and I also love, love the KaplanMD Lip 20 Treatment. The Sheer Ruby gives your lips a punch of color and the formula is super moisturizing and protective. Plus, the pop-up tube is cool too. You don't have to worry about the dropping or losing the lid.


My sunblock is Eminence Organic Sun Defense Mineral Powder
It's smells good, isn't heavy and has SPF 30 sun protection.


I love sticking my nose in a novel (yes, with real paper pages) when I fly. On my last two trips, I devoured “Little Bee” and “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Both completely engrossing and made the flight time fly by.

Snacks
Fancy nuts from Trader Joe's. On my last flight, I took two little baggies of Thai Lime & Chili and Sesame Honey cashews. Totally satisfying. Put the plane peanuts to shame.

Hair Trick
To keep my hair from picking up the smells of traveling – car exhaust, airports, restaurants – I pull it back wet in the morning, twist it and clasp it up in an giant (ugly) plastic hair clamp. It might not look super stylish but my hair usually drys by the time I reach my destination and I can shake it out and look relatively fabulous. Dry shampoo is great too to revive your roots if your hair gets oily. You can use baby powder but rather than smelling like a baby's bottom, I like the Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo.

1 comment:

Obagi said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails